Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Harald Meland
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses
On 16 Sep 1999, Harald Meland wrote:

> [Philip Hazel]
>
> > > internet:
> > > driver = domainlist
> > > domains = !*.internal:^.*\\..*\$
> > > transport = remote_smtp
> > > route_list = * mail.isp.net bydns_a
> >
> > Two comments:
> >
> > (1) You shouldn't have bydns_a in that router!
>
> Why not? As long as the domain "mail.isp.net" has an A record, that
> router looks perfectly good to me -- all mail is routed to the SMTP
> server running on the machine mail.isp.net.

<embarrassed mode>

Oops. Sorry. Brain fade. It must be the worry about next week's
course... well, that's my excuse. I was just thinking he was routing to
the Internet at large, and somehow overlooked the fact that actually he
was sending to a smarthost. I take it all back! I've been taking
rubbish. Apologies.

> > You *must* use MX records for delivery to Internet hosts if they
> > exist.
>
> Well, in this case this could be said to be the concern of the MTA
> running on mail.isp.net, IMHO.

Absolutely right.