Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses
[Philip Hazel]

> > internet:
> > driver = domainlist
> > domains = !*.internal:^.*\\..*\$
> > transport = remote_smtp
> > route_list = * mail.isp.net bydns_a
>
> Two comments:
>
> (1) You shouldn't have bydns_a in that router!

Why not? As long as the domain "mail.isp.net" has an A record, that
router looks perfectly good to me -- all mail is routed to the SMTP
server running on the machine mail.isp.net.

> You *must* use MX records for delivery to Internet hosts if they
> exist.

Well, in this case this could be said to be the concern of the MTA
running on mail.isp.net, IMHO.

> I bet you can't mail to ph10@??? using that router.

That depends on whether mail.isp.net will relay mail originating from
John's internal network, right? If so, how much would you like to
bet? ;)

> (2) Whenever I see a regular expression these days, I wonder if it can be
> improved. A faster one than yours is
>
> domains = ^[^.]*\\.

True, but keep in mind that the "!*.internal" should stay in there as
well:

domains = !*.internal:^[^.]\\.

(and, if you're trying to catch misspellings in "foo.internal", you
would need to be even more clever -- Murphy will surely see to it that
someone misspells the ".internal" part...)
--
Harald