Re: [EXIM] Exim logging by means of syslog(3)?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lewis
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim logging by means of syslog(3)?
> > (4) Presumably Exim's date/time should be chopped off.
>
> This is debatable IMO.
> Have it as an option ?
>
> (ipfilter leaves it's own time information in, because it gives it
> more accurately than syslog).

I may be wrong, but remote logging can show significant time lag due to
various bottlenecks in the system. The remote logger creates the timestamp
entry. That means that tracing issues is that much harder when they are time
critical. Particularly if local logs are not available.

I think I am saying keep the exim date/time. Or at least an option....but more
options mean more configuration issues. I like it straight forward.

On the other hand, is remote logging a big deal when it comes to mail delivery?

Lewis