Re: [Exim] rewrite/filter question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: vtmue
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] rewrite/filter question
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 vtmue@??? wrote:
>
> > I use a rewrite rule for stripping off my host- and subdomainname from any
> > outgoing mail.
> >
> > Additionally I'd also like the message ID my MUA creates
> > (Pine.HPX.4.10.9909141153230.630-100000@???)
> > to be "Pine.HPX.4.10.9909141153230.630-100000@???" instead.
>
> That's a Pine problem. Exim doesn't rewrite existing message IDs, which
> are supposed to be world-unique.

Thanks. I probably won't change anything, though.

Dr Andrew C Aitchison kindly pointed me to 'received' headers that also
hold the local hostname. So I first added a few lines to the remote_smtp
transport in order to remove / modify them. This action - if ever - is
only reasonable if there would also be a relaying host that would also
strip my local host concerned information (not to mention matters of
standards conformity).

So for today I'll stop being paranoic ;)

Best regards,
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller     UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

'hello I..' "shut up and reboot" 'hey it wor...' "shut up and hang up"
"my average call time is improving"        from: Dogberts Tech Support