Re: [Exim] virtual domains deliver locally

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: Jeremy C. Reed
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] virtual domains deliver locally
[Jeremy C. Reed]

> Sorry. I didn't explain my situation correctly.
>
> I tried to set up virtual hosts by adding:
>
> local_domains = "lsearch;/etc/mail/local_domains"

OK.

> virtual:
> driver = aliasfile
> domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/local_domains

This shouldn't be necessary, as _only_ the domains you're doing a test
on here will be handled by the "directors" part of your config --
domains _not_ in local_domains will be handled by the "routers" part.

> no_more

If you set this, you will have to make your aliasfile specify
explicitly how every address should be delivered. I think I'd rather
go with _not_ setting this, and then have the next director be of the
"localuser" persuasion...

> rewrite = false
> file = /etc/mail/domains/${lc:${length_1:${domain}}/${domain}}
> search_type = lsearch*

Additionally, you should consider setting `qualify_preserve_domain' on
this director, so that the address

foobar@???

will be expanded to

reed@???

even though your configuration sets `qualify_recipient' to something
other than "foo.com". But than again, maybe that's just my
preference.

> I want my domain file to be like this:
> for reedmedia.com
>
> *:    reed
> heather:    reedhr@???

> where everything other than heather will be delivered locally to
> reed's box.

I guess "delivered locally" implies delivery to some kind of file. As
you haven't got any directors that do such delivery, you could hack
your way around this by including an alias

  reed:         /var/spool/mail/reed

or somesuch, but as I said, I'd rather have a separate (probably
localuser) director handle the actual deliveries (as that makes it
possible to later extend your config to e.g. have directors handling
.forward etc. etc. _before_ doing any file deliveries).

If you decide to go for the above aliasfile solution, the alias should
either be present in all your domain's alias files (if you have
`qualify_preserve_domain' set) or merely in the domain file
corresponding to `qualify_recipient'.

> Any suggestions, direct URLs etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

<URL:http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.00/doc/html/spec.html> seems
appropriate :)
--
Harald