Re: [Exim] Problem 'virtualizing' users.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Warren Vanichuk
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Problem 'virtualizing' users.
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> My problem now revolves around Exim's use of the unknown_login option being
> qualified with @direct.ca when it passes through autoreply transport (I
> think). Basically I am setting up the unknown_login and unknown_username
> variables with two lookups, one which yields the users email address, the
> other which yields the users full name, which results in something like :
>
> unknown_login = foo@???
> unknown_username = "Foo, Bazzy Foo"
>
> Auto responders are returned to me with the From address set to :
>
> From: Foo, Bazzy Foo <foo@???@direct.ca>

This happens because unknown_login is used as a login name when Exim
can't find a login name for the uid under which it is being run. From
this it makes a sender address by adding the qualify domain. I never
considered the possibility of a complete sender address being provided.
I cannot now remember why this obscure facility was implemented, but it
was in response to a request from one of the early Exim users.

How are you managing to run Exim in this state?

It appears that you need the facility in order to set up a specific
sender address. The "normal" way of doing that would be to run Exim
from some specific uid, make that uid trusted (by setting
trusted_users), and then supplying the sender using -f and -F. Is there
some reason why this approach doesn't work for you?