[Exim] Problem 'virtualizing' users.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Warren Vanichuk
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Problem 'virtualizing' users.
Greetings.

I am currently engaged in making Exim do completely virtual delivers, from
start to scratch. All of the user information, username, uid, gid, etc,
from dbm files using Exim ${lookup{}} functionality. After banging my head
against the getpwuid() calls, I finally figured out the options I was
missing (Thanks Philip :), or so I thought.

My problem now revolves around Exim's use of the unknown_login option being
qualified with @direct.ca when it passes through autoreply transport (I
think). Basically I am setting up the unknown_login and unknown_username
variables with two lookups, one which yields the users email address, the
other which yields the users full name, which results in something like :

unknown_login = foo@???
unknown_username = "Foo, Bazzy Foo"

Auto responders are returned to me with the From address set to :

From: Foo, Bazzy Foo <foo@???@direct.ca>

Almost what I want. Is there anyway I can suppress the appending of a
qualifying domain to the end of the login name? I attempted to set the
"From" variable in the autoreply transport section, using ${lookup{}}s to
construct the valid reply address, but my testing indicates that the
unknown_* variables take precidence.

I am pondering getting around this little problem with the following rewrite
rule applied to the From header, but this seems kludgy to me, and I would
appriecate suggestions on how solve this without resorting to header
rewrites.  :) Rewrite rule: ^(.*)@(.*)@direct.ca$    $1@$2 f

Any help anybody could lend would be greatly appriecated.. :)

Sincerely, Warren
-----
Warren Vanichuk, Systems Engineer,
Network Operations @ ID Internet Direct Ltd.