RE: [Exim] eximon not showing queued messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: aue@nirvis.com
To: 'Philip Hazel', 'Kai Henningsen'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: RE: [Exim] eximon not showing queued messages

You need to be an "admin user" in the Exim sense. The easiest way to do
this is to add yourself to the exim group, assuming you have defined a
group for Exim to use.

All of the exim spool directories/files are owner:mail group:mail. This
makes me think 'mail' was compiled in as the exim user and group.
If I login as mail or root from xdm then I can run eximon no problem.
If I su to mail or root then I get X authorization problems and can't even
get eximon up.

I noticed that files in the queue have no group privileges so adding myself
to the mail group does not let me manipulate or even see queued mail unless
I go and chmod all the files in the queue.

How do other people run eximon? Do you really have to login to xdm as the
exim admin?