RE: [Exim] eximon not showing queued messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: aue@nirvis.com
To: 'Kai Henningsen'
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Neue Treads: [Exim] Wandering off-topic: Xauthority files and su
Betreff: RE: [Exim] eximon not showing queued messages
X uses it's own authorization scheme, with "cookies" which are in ~/
.Xauthority - every user who wants to talk with the X server needs to have
appropriate cookies. See man 1 xauth.

Okay I'm kinda following you here. Unfortunately the man page doesn't
really describe the scheme but I can see that there are some add and
generate commands. The problem more specifically turns out to be that if I
login into my personal account and then su to another account I can no
longer run X programs. From poking around with xauth it looks like loging
in with xdm creates some per session cookies for the logged in user and
then su ing to another account changes over to the other accounts
.Xauthority which has no cookies for the current session. So it would seem
I need some kind of permenent cookie in the .Xauthority of the account I am
su ing to.
Am I on the right track?
Where do I need to add what?
Is there a man/info/web page that explains the Xauthority cookie process?

How do other people run eximon from their own account?

Thanks