[Exim] contrib: testing relaying without learning SMTP

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Hugh Sasse
To: EXIM users list
Betreff: [Exim] contrib: testing relaying without learning SMTP
I would like to contribute an expect script to test relaying
using exim -bh. It will allow tests when pretending to be
any number of hosts, with many from addresses and to addresses.
One can identify the 'hosts to be' using the name or the IP address,
the DNS is queried to get both correct so the HELO line can be
written as well as the IP literal for exim -bh <ip-literal>.

However, Philip tells me not everyone has nslookup. Some FreeBSD
people have a command called host instead. As far as I can glean
from the WWW it returns results in the form
<hostname> is <dotted-quad>
or it fails with
Host not found
I have programmed these eventualities in, and if the script doesn't
find nslookup it does try host as the command instead. But since
I don't have the host command on my system, and there may be something
else as well, I cannot test this further.

The script is at:
http://www.eng.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/e-mail/exim/relay_check

I would be grateful if people could let me know how they get on
with it. If you invoke it with no arguments, or invoke it with
just -help it will give details of the options.

    Hugh
    hgs@???