Re: [Exim] hashed spool IMAPd

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Richard G. Duvall
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] hashed spool IMAPd
On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 09:38:20PM -0700,
Richard G. Duvall <rgduvall@???> is thought to have said:

> I just changed my mail spool to the hashed last night for performance
> reasons. With 10,000 users and climbing, I am happy that I did the
> changeover. Though, it would be nice if IMAPd would work, rather than
> having to tell every user to manually enter in the location of their
> maildrop in their IMAP client (like pc-pine). Also, some IMAP clients
> don't even allow you do do that (like Netscape, Outlook Express, etc). My
> only hope is to redo IMAPd, so that my users can connect to their
> mailboxes.

If you're using the UW IMAPd (the one which is part of the pine package) then
you have to hack the source code. There's not more than 2 places you need to
change code, although I don't recall off the top of my head where they are. It
isn't terribly hard though. I had to make similar changes to support the $HOME
spool sometime back.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality