Re: [Exim] Re: Partly solved: Strange line break problem and…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christian Dysthe
Cc: nic, Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Partly solved: Strange line break problem and broken attachment s (Postilion and exim)
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> The original problem was that mail when it arrived using Postilion and
> exim often had long non broken lines which made mail hard to read.

That's a new one on me! (Though I see plenty of messages with long lines;
I assume people are using MUAs that just send long lines. Exim doesn't
touch the bodies of messages. If they contain long lines, it won't split
them.) Some MUAs (Pine, for example) will wrap long lines on display, so
sometimes you don't even know you are reading a message containing long
lines.

> Also, attachments was broken when they arrived. People got an error
> message when trying to open my attached files.

If it is losing line endings, that could explain that, but that seems
too simple.

> I just wanted to point out that there is
> a problem buried here somewhere, and I would like to be able to use the
> "User defined program" setting in Postilion if I can.

And I would like to track this one down as well. Thanks for bringing it
to my attention.

> I will NOT switch
> to sendmail though. exim is a superior MTA in my opinion, and it has
> never failed.....yet! :)

Thank you for your support. I guess one way of tracking down what is
happening is to write a short script like this:

#! /bin/sh
cat >/some/file

and then set "User defined program" to run that script. That will show
up exactly what Postilion is sending to Exim.

Philip