Re: [Exim] Exim Filter Query

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
To: K.J.Collins, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim Filter Query
I have done a similar thing, but i just used an external procedure
called by pipe
I can send it to you.
To accomplish the thing in exim one would have to have a way to
do some thing sort of:
$countvariable = `/usr/local/sbin/gimmeanumber`
That is giving a variable the output of the program gimmeanumber
that would give you the required unique text then it would be just a
question of adding the number to the subject (when forwarded to
help desk) and into the receipt (when sent back).

On 12 Aug 99, at 12:03, Kevin Collins wrote:
> I've been asked to implement something where an email message sent to
> our helpdesk address will:
>     1) be assigned a "job number" which is inserted into the
>        message body or Subject line and the delivered to the
>        help desk mailbox, and
>     2) cause a reply to be sent with some arbitary text and the
>        job number: (e.g. "Your request is no. 1999081201")
> This is to improve request tracking in the help desk.
> I've thought about using a modified version of the exim vacation filter,
> but I can't see how to make this insert the job number into the text
> message.
> Am I on the wrong track here?  Would this be better implemented using
> something along the lines of procmail-and-perl

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze