[Exim] Exim Filter Query

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin Collins
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Exim Filter Query
Hi -

I've been asked to implement something where an email message sent to
our helpdesk address will:

    1) be assigned a "job number" which is inserted into the
       message body or Subject line and the delivered to the
       help desk mailbox, and

    2) cause a reply to be sent with some arbitary text and the
       job number: (e.g. "Your request is no. 1999081201")

This is to improve request tracking in the help desk.

I've thought about using a modified version of the exim vacation filter,
but I can't see how to make this insert the job number into the text
message.

Am I on the wrong track here? Would this be better implemented using
something along the lines of procmail-and-perl

Any help appreciated.

Rgds,

Kevin

--