Re: [Exim] Just a warning to those who use host lists for re…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Knoble
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Just a warning to those who use host lists for relay control
Philip--

It would be the safe thing to do to require an explicit `*' where it
was desired. For example:

    # Macros
    LOCAL_HOSTS = @ : localhost : 127.0.0.1

    host_accept = LOCAL_HOSTS : !*.blah.com

means the same as:

    host_accept = LOCAL_HOSTS

To achieve the `mostly open' effect, the trailing * would be required:

    host_accept = LOCAL_HOSTS : !*.blah.com : *

In essence, i agree with your proposal.

--jim

På 1999-Aug-12 klokka 14:18:30 +0100 skrivet Philip Hazel:

: However, I'm not totally inflexible. If enough people think it would be
: good idea, I might be persuaded to change the rules so that if a host is
: not in the list at all, it is *never* accepted. This is an uncomplicated
: rule. It would mean that a negative item as the last item in a list
: would have no effect.