Re: [Exim] Ident/Auth

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Conor Mc Goveran
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Ident/Auth
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Conor Mc Goveran wrote:

> Just to note that Ident or Auth do not
> appear in the Option or Concept Index ?

Ident is in the printed index in the PostScript/PDF documentation. I
wonder why it didn't make it into the HTML index? Possibly because the
printed index says "see rfc1413" - it's probably confusing the
conversion script. I've made a note to chase this up next time I update
the manual. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't think, however, that we
should perpetuate the use of "auth" to refer to this protocol,
expecially in the light of later developments such as RFC 2554, which
describes an SMTP AUTH verb.