Re: [Exim] Exim + Procmail + Cyrus IMAP = quota headaches. …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jacot
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim + Procmail + Cyrus IMAP = quota headaches. Ideas?
Jacot@??? said:
> The catch in all of this is that in our configuration, exim doesn't
> talk directly to Cyrus' "deliver", which presumably could communicate
> the existence of a Cyrus mailbox quota or threshold exception directly
> back to exim, which would then either queue or bounce the offending
> message...

Cyrus will use a return code if the mail cannot be delivered - this may
be due to quota or other things that its picky about such as 8 bit
headers (not sure if it differentiates these). Exim should take these
as a temporary failure.

> instead I've got exim talking to a system wide procmail
> filter, mainly in order to deal with vacation type processing on a
> semi "sealed" server. The last rule in this procmail filter then
> invokes final delivery to Cyrus, and into the somewhat unorthodox
> "mailbox" structures used by it.

Its possible to do vacation processing from within exim - a smartuser
director with various conditionals can then pick up an autoreply
transport. Unless you have very strange setups within your procmail
sets this should allow you to drop the procmail invocation completely.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]