Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C
To: Martin Stewart
CC: Andromeda, Exim
Neue Treads: Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof (offtopic)
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Martin Stewart wrote:

> > Is it harsh, or should I simply remove relays.orbs.org from my rbl_hosts
> > list?
>
> I'd encourage it, speaking as someone who has seen a number of
> legitimate mail hosts rejected by ORBS repeatedly.

ORBS doesnt try to list only "illegitate" mail hosts, it lists any
hosts which are misconfigured (usually by default becuase sendmail came
that way or unintentionally becuase there either is no real sysadmin or
the sysadmin is not clueful regarding the matter) to permit open SMTP
relay, since these are often abused by spammers, as we all know. The
object is to providers the owners/operators of those hosts to
reconfigure their server to not permit abuse of that manner.

You might want to have a closer look at the site at www.orbs.org.