Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Joe Emenaker
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script?
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, I wrote:

> >   smartuser:
> >      driver=smartuser;
> >      new_user="|/usr/bin/someprogramiwrote"

> Sorry, I don't follow that at all. Exim can't use a script for new_user;
> it is just an expanded string.

I have realized that I probably misunderstood what this means. I assumed
it to mean "run this script and take its output as the new address",
whereas you probably meant "deliver this message to this script". If so,
the rest of my previous reply is probably confusing! The solution using
a special pipe transport is the way to do it.