Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Joe Emenaker
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script?
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Joe Emenaker wrote:

>   smartuser:
>      driver=smartuser;
>      new_user="|/usr/bin/someprogramiwrote"

That's not a feature I knew about in Smail. (Perhaps it didn't have it
in my day - it is 4 years now - and indeed, there's no mention of it in
the 3.1.29 manual.)

> (incidentally, smail doesn't pass the local addresses that weren't found to
> the the script, so my script has to parse the header and examine the "To:"
> field. Exim claims to actually pass these addresses to the script, which has
> me very eager to start using it)

Sorry, I don't follow that at all. Exim can't use a script for new_user;
it is just an expanded string.

> Does the "new_user" not support pipes in Exim? If not, how can I do what I'm
> after?

Depends on what you actually want to do. If you are simply translating
one address to another, you can do it with a lookup of some sort. If you
want to apply some complicated rules, you could use a call to embedded
Perl.

> (Oh, in case you're wondering, the script that I'm trying to run does
> regexp-matching, domain-based aliases. So, I can have ".*help.*@???"
> forward to "actualuser1", stuff like that.)

Well, you can do regex matching directly in expanded strings in Exim, if
that helps.