Re: [Exim] Exim 3.02 smtp session hangs (name/ip resolv prob…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.02 smtp session hangs (name/ip resolv problems?)
Quoth Ulrich Schwarz on Sun, Jul 25, 1999:
> Unfortunately Exim 3.02 hangs for several minutes every time
> a SMTP session is started (i.e. the SMTP session hangs) FIF
> an internet dialup connection is up.

[snip]
> If no ISP connection is up, everything works fine.

1. Are you on a dialup link (i.e., is your machine not
permamently connected)?
2. Do you run named there?
3. Linux, hmm, what was this thing... Ah, /etc/nsswitch.conf --
what does the line starting with 'hosts:' look like?
4. What is in your /etc/resolv.conf?
5. How is your machine defined in /etc/hosts?

Seems like a resolver problem, but I don't really know how to
pinpoint it.  Also try to do the following:
    nslookup localhost
    nslookup 127.0.0.1
    nslookup <your machine name>
    nslookup <your static ip, if you have one>

Do you have any network interface except of loopback and the
dialup connection there? More than one loopback?

Vadik.

--
A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into
superstition, and art into pedantry.  Hence University education.