Re: [Exim] Pipe - child create failed

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Pipe - child create failed
Quoth Daniel Smith on Wed, Jul 21, 1999:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Is there a limit on the number of pipes you can create on your system?
> > Is the process limit being hit?
>
> I'm beginning to suspect a ulimit of some flavour - although I'm not sure
> why moving back to 2.11 would have worked around this.

Maybe 2.11 needs less memory. Say, how much RAM do you have?
And what are the limits there (say "limit" under csh)?

We installed BSDI 4.0.1 only about 10 days ago (according to
uptime(1)). The machine has 64 MB of RAM[0]. It just came to my
attention that we hace the following in our kernel config file:

options "KERNEL_VIRTUAL_MB=504"

It should not matter, though, as far as I know this system.
Anyway, have you changed any memory-related options in the kernel
config? In particular, have you uncommented INET_SERVER,
KMEMSIZE, DFLDSIZ, or DFLSSIZ?

> T=local_delivery defer (-1): pipe transport process returned non-zero
> status 0x0100: exit code 1

Maybe it's the problem with the program you're trying to run,
err... Try to run it from command line with the needed options
and compose a message into it. If it fails, and you really don't
know why, try to ktrace it. Or try to ktrace exim. If you
really want, I can send you the binary of exim so you'll check
what happens there.

Do all that if -d9 doesn't help.

> Anyone seen this problem with Cyrus on BSDi?

I don't know, really, we only use Intel processors here. Apart
from SPARC, MIPS, and a couple of others, that is.

Vadik.

[0] Yes, my workstation has 2.5 times more ram and a better
    processor[1], why do you ask?

[1] It's your turn to die from gealousy, guys.  I worked on a
    Pentium 90 before, which had that damned we0 (SMC) Ethernet
    card that required several reboots just to initialize.

--
To err is human, to moo bovine.