Re: [Exim] Pipe - child create failed

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Smith
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Pipe - child create failed
Hi Philip,

Philip Hazel wrote:

> > error 0 0:Failed to create child process for local_delivery transport
>
> Looking at the code (child_open() in child.c, called from
> transports/pipe.c), it seems this could be one of two things:
>
> (1) The call to pipe() failed;
> (2) The call to fork() failed.
>
> The 0 0 is just that Exim hasn't actually recorded the specific error.
> (I will see if I can make it do better in due course.)
>
> Is there a limit on the number of pipes you can create on your system?
> Is the process limit being hit?

I'm beginning to suspect a ulimit of some flavour - although I'm not sure
why moving back to 2.11 would have worked around this. The problem I'm
getting now is that "deliver" - the Execmail mailbox insertion app used via
pipe - is, when exim is first started, pausing for around 5 seconds and
then giving me...

T=local_delivery defer (-1): pipe transport process returned non-zero
status 0x0100: exit code 1

I'm onto the suppliers to find how to increase logging and work out what
this is...

Anyone seen this problem with Cyrus on BSDi?

More to follow :-/

Cheers,

Daniel.