Re: [Exim] relaying denied to local address sometimes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: mlist
To: Ian Jackson
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] relaying denied to local address sometimes
> Hypothesis: between you and the calling system is a
> transparently-redirecting firewall, which redirects the connection to
> another Exim somewhere near the firewall. This Exim or firewall's
> configuration is wrong, or the calling system's configuration is wrong
> and it should be using some different system as a smarthost.
> Proposed test: ask the calling user to `telnet theory.org smtp' and
> see what the banner is (or get them to run their MTA with debug).

I have an account on the system, which is how i've been doing my testing.
Telnetting to theory.org:25 gives:

220 theory.org ESMTP Exim 2.05 #1 Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:37:49 -0700

Okay, this is great <sarcastic>. I just tried sending mail from the problem
system again, and now its getting through. It wasn't working at 11:37a and
now its working at 11:47a. Grrrr... I didn't touch theory.org.

Well to keep on with this discussion a little bit because i fear the problem
will happen again:

Why would mail sent directly to systems.theory.org, running the same version
of Exim but setup as a smarthost work, but not to theory.org itself? It seems
like it should fail for both.

Thank you very much for your help so far. This has been a bit frustrating.

jeremy