Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Lister
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Peter Lister, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > and (b) that
> > for some purposes an aliasfile like system keeps SQL away from the Exim
> > configuration, partly prompted by Nigel's observation that some "easy"
> > things can sensibly be handled differently to "hard" things. I don't see
> > how (b) involves a "new syntax",
>
> Well, suppose you want to use MYSQL for aliasing. In the alias file
> director you have
>
> search_type=mysql
> query = what to write here?

Errr... nothing.

I'm suggesting that, just as an aliasfile doesn't require a "query"
string, a simple SQL interface reads information from a correctly
organised table (or view); and that it rejects a bad one - just like a bad
alias file won't work right. You'll need to add a couple of parameters
i.e. the db hostname, instance, username etc, but something like that is
needed for any db client.

Just out of interest, what happens if Exim finds the db server is down?

Peter Lister         P.Lister@???    PGP (RSA): 0xE4D85541
Sychron Ltd          http://www.sychron.com  PGP (DSS): 0xBC1D7258
1 Cambridge Terrace  Voice: +44 1865 200211
Oxford OX1 1UR  UK   FAX:   +44 1865 249666