Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Peter Lister
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Peter Lister wrote:

> I'm not syaing "don't",

Phew! :-)

> just suggesting that (a) the complicated stuff is
> probably already available via Perl DBI (which as MB says has already
> addressed many of the problems that Exim is likely to hit)

That's true, but there is a performance worry.

> and (b) that
> for some purposes an aliasfile like system keeps SQL away from the Exim
> configuration, partly prompted by Nigel's observation that some "easy"
> things can sensibly be handled differently to "hard" things. I don't see
> how (b) involves a "new syntax",

Well, suppose you want to use MYSQL for aliasing. In the alias file
director you have

search_type=mysql
query = what to write here?

That's where the new syntax is needed. In my current implementation you
write something like

query = select addresses from aliases where name='$local_part'

where you can choose the names of the fields to suit your existing
database.