Re: [EXIM] using DRAC with exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Clements
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] using DRAC with exim
>>might be one of whether the terminating binary zero is included in the
>>key in the DB file or not. Exim_dbmbuild includes the binary zero, and
>I've just tried another slight modification where "/32\0" rather than "/32"
>is tacked onto the end of the key (not very sophisticated, I know). This
>doesn't help, unfortunately. I suppose that the extra \0 may well be
>completely ignored by the db functions that add data to the file.

A further modification did the trick. The structure holding the string to
use as a key also has a size attribute, which I suppose must be use when
the key is inserted into the file. Ordinarily drac sets this as being the
length of the string using strlen - of course strlen only measures up to
the first null byte in a string. Incrementing this size field by one,
though probably inadvisable, did the trick, and hosts that have logged in
can now relay as required. Unfortunately this appears to have had the side
effect of making drac not expire entries on cue anymore. This is another
story - I think I'll have to ask the writer of drac for help with this one.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Mark Clements                           email: m.clements@???
Systems Administrator                    tel:  +44 (0)171 928 9292 x1940
ISS, B9, St Thomas's Campus,       fax:  +44 (0)171 928 0065
King's College London
Lambeth Palace Road,
London SE1 7EH, UK