Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jason L Tibbitts III
Para: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue
This is wandering off topic; replies should probably go to me unless it
gets back to pure Exim stuff.

BS> you need,

BS>     pipe_transport = address_pipe

OK.

BS> Probably shouldn't be hardcoded (I use "mj2"), but I guess you'll see
BS> to that at some point.

You're correct, of course; that was a cut-n-paste error. I assume a
numeric ID works just as well here.

BS> The alias file still has permissions which are too restrictive.

For some reason I was still under the impression that Exim would change
userid before it looks in the file. Both requiring alias files to be world
readable or requiring a special group setup are non-optimal but unless
you're seriously paranoid I don't see how either is really a security
problem.

BS> (The mj-domains file is world readable here, which is find, but owned
BS> by root. Shouldn't it be owned by mj2, or doesn't Mj2 need to modify
BS> that file?)

Just a missing chown, but the file is only written at install time and is
not used internally.

Thanks for the input; I'll have these deficiencies corrected this evening.

- J<