[EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jason L Tibbitts III
Para: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Dave C., Richard Welty, exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

JG> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Dave C. wrote:
>> I know I setup a script once that used a "lists" file, and just had the
>> same aliases for all lists, instead of actually having to have an
>> aliasfile (or even a set of aliases for EVERY list)..

JG> I believe, though I haven't actually checked it out, that majordomo
JG> version 2 is being designed to work that way.

Well, I tried working with that but it turns out that it's simpler just to
have several aliases per list. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as
they're all generated for you automatically so unless you look you needn't
know. We don't use the :include: syntax or outgoing aliases or anything of
that sort, since outbound delivery is done via SMTP.

JG> Not too long ago, one of the majordomo developers queried the exim list
JG> about how that might be best achived using exim, but I don't recall any
JG> conclusive answer.

I came to the following director (or at least, I think that's the proper
terminology):

majordomo_aliases:
    driver = aliasfile
    user = majordom
    domains = lsearch;$config->{lists_dir}/ALIASES/mj-domains
    file = $config->{lists_dir}/ALIASES/mj-alias-\${domain}
    search_type = lsearch

(Note that this is part of a print statement, so there's some Perl
expansion going on.) Essentially, we maintain a file containing a list of
all virtual domains and one alias file per domain.

I'm not able to test this because I don't have a machine running Exim, but
it seems to make sense according to the documentation I've read through.
--
Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs@??? - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
System Manager: University of Houston Department of Mathematics