Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Top Pagina
Auteur: Hugh Sasse
Aan: EXIM users list
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
Strong cases on both sides. I would suggest the configuration
allow:

always_mime_errors
never_mime_errors
mime_errors_if_needed
mime_errors_unless_unwanted

Or somthing more cocisely worded :-). My suggestions for the algorithms
for deciding the last two:

if_needed:  The message contains binary, or non-ASCII chars, and the
            the user looks like they could handle mime * or it had
        MIME headers already.

unless_unwanted:  The message came from someone without MIME headers
                  and/so it looks like the user won't handle MIME too
                  well *.

* One could make a *guess* about MIME abilities from mailer type if
available and presence/absence of MIME headers.

I have a feeling this "fuzzy" compromise is too simple, though, but
I hope it is of some help. I mean, I can see people will be asking for
things like :

hosts_accept_mime_errors = <hostlist>
hosts_refuse_mime_errors = <hostlist>

and so forth. :-)