Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Richardson
Aan: Georg v. Zezschwitz
CC: Nigel Metheringham, Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder, Alexander Koch, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
> Moreover, most people nowadays tend to use Netscape, Outlook
> rather than Pine or mutt. These clients do not have any problems
> with MIME-messages.

Most 'people' don't tend to be sys admin who have to deal with
the bounces and other mail problems. Mail admin would normally be
unix admin who don't have the time to mess with graphical toy email
clients.

I can do everything I need with mutt or elm. Having to save out
MIME attachments for simple email messages to edit them is more than
a little frustrating; having to move to Netscape or Outlook to compensate
would be even more so.

Plain text has worked for a long time, still works and is likely to
work for a long time to come. Lets not move just because we can.

Mike
Copyright 1998 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor@???, 0161 275-6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless