Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Galbavy
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 02:09:56PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Then you have not used mutt that often.
>
> Never used it.

Very nice, *fast*. But enough of that.

> I should have made it plain in my previous posting that, although I
> personally do not like receiving bounces in MIME format, that opinion
> would not prevent me from implementing an option to do it in Exim if I
> thought that enough people wanted it. The customer is always right, and
> all that.

I would like to see a MIME-wrapped failure feature. I can think of a
number of "useful" features, but since I have not really touched the
exim codebase, I woule not know where to start.

1. Generic "send MIME responses" toggle
1b. For warnings and/or errors too.
2. Limit the size of the MIME attachment; eg. return upto X K with
reply. 0 = unlimited.
3. Reply/respond to certain addresses with >full< original message.
This is so that is someone (or something) at a site gets forwarded
errors they can immediately bounce/forward it on without having to
request the sender try again. Useful in scripts or for human
postmasters (at either end).
4. Maybe get real clever and optionally reply in plain text if the
original sender sent a "limited header" (ie no MIME like headers).

My $.02...

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy