Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Top Pagina
Auteur: Alexander Koch
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 12:24:47PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Personally, I hate this because when you've made a simple typo in an
> address, it is much easier to forward the bounce to the correct address
> and tidy it up by cutting out the error message at the top. If you have
> to go and extract stuff from an attachement, it's more work. But that's
> just my preference.

Then you have not used mutt that often.
In mutt I'm viewing the attachments ('v') on a multi-part bounce and am
typing 'b'(ounce) on the original message part, this time with a corrected
address. This is much less hassle and editing than saving the mail, editing
it and resending and stuff.

As we may be switching our main server to Exim soon, that's a thing I will
certainly miss. Sendmail does it and it so very smooth to bounce a mail
that has gone wrong.

I haven't used pine wrt that aspect so I don't know how it's for you.

Alexander