Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Top Pagina
Auteur: P.A.Osborne
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: Paul Makepeace, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Philip muttered:

> Anything other than a simple text message can also be very confusing to
> naive users. (They tend not to read error messages as it is.)

You are not wrong there.    I know that this is off topic,  but
you just reminded me of this gem that postmaster@??? received
the other week,  that shows that maybe some users do read the
errors but do not neccessarily apply their knowledge of the
english language to what they have read (its at the end of this message).

Cheers
Paul
-------------------------------
I would like to congratulate you on a most effective means of dealing with
excessivly large messages being sent to your university. Many moons ago I
tried to email my little sister a short realvideo clip of myself saying
hello. The message was approximatly half a megabyte in size and seems to
have targeted me for your brilliant anti-spam treatment. Seemingly every
hour that my message was undeliverd, your system politely emailed me
saying precisely how long my message had been undelivered for and not to
worry, it was still trying. The first message lulled me into a false sence
of security, making me believe that it was actually trying help me, when
in fact it was all an evil plot to hound me night and day with error
messages updating me as to how late the message was. Last friday I tried
to catch it out by visiting my sister in her halls and playing her the
illusive video from a floppy disk that I had bought with me, but upon
returning home, I found no less than 7 e-mails from your mailer-demon!
Foolish me thinking I could out-wit it with a simple train journey! Well
finally it looks like my ordeal is over. I have received a message
saying that your mailer-demon has given up. Horray!! I trust that this is
the end of my little ordeal?