Re: [EXIM] Mail bouncing from cyberspace.org with 553

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Sudhakar Chandrasekharan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Mail bouncing from cyberspace.org with 553
On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:39:46PM -0700,
Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@???> is thought to have said:

> I run a couple of mailing lists that get pretty decent traffic. I used to
> use Exim as my MTA. I came across a pretty strage problem using Exim a
> couple of weeks ago. Mails to cyberspace.org were bouncing. I somehow
> managed to exchange a few emails with one of the admins of this service and
> they told me that there was some kind of misconfiguration at my end.
>
> I ran a couple of tests and the results are as following:
>
> OS: Debian 2.1 (hamm)
> exim: 2.05-1
>
> * Using Exim as MTA. Mails to cyberspace.org bouncing.
>
> $ echo "Testing. Please ignore." | sendmail -v
> rahul21@???
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> <= thaths@??? U=thaths P=local S=295
> www:~ $ Exim version 2.05 debug level 1 uid=8 gid=8
> probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
> delivering message 10wrwF-0003ms-00
> Connecting to grex.cyberspace.org [204.212.46.130] ... connected
> SMTP<< 220-grex.cyberspace.org Sendmail 8.6.13/8.6.12 ready at Wed, 23
> Jun 199
> 9 14:40:54 -0400
> 220 ESMTP spoken here
> SMTP>> EHLO www
> SMTP<< 250-grex.cyberspace.org Hello aunet.org [216.103.113.202], pleased
> to meet you
> 250-EXPN
> 250-SIZE 100000
> 250 HELP
> SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<thaths@???> SIZE=1326
> SMTP<< 250 <thaths@???>... Sender ok
> SMTP>> RCPT TO:<rahul21@???>
> SMTP<< 553 <rahul21@???>... One generation passeth away, and
> another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
> SMTP>> QUIT
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> ** rahul21@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from
> remote m
> ailer after RCPT TO: <rahul21@???>: host grex.cyberspace.org
> [204.212
> .46.130]: 553 <rahul21@???>... One generation passeth away, and
> anoth

[snip]

> What gives? Would really appreciate help in fixing this under Exim.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Thaths

Umm, it looks pretty clearly to me that if something is misconfigured it's
on their end. Although, I would take that customized response to mean that
rahul21@??? is no longer a valid account there.

Did they give you any reason why they felt it was your issue? Do you get
the same response emailing postmaster@????

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                             twells@???
Systems Administration Manager  Just another victim of the ambient morality
Shore.Net  --  High quality Internet access and hosting services since 1993