Re: [EXIM] exim dying

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: me
CC: EXIM users list
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] exim dying

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:01:50 +0100, me wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD, and the return from the command was 20.

You would have gotten more than a single line out of the command. For
future reference, always try to show people who're trying to help you
exactly what they ask for, unless you think it could compromise your
security. :-)

Anyway, do you think it's possible that you're getting enough
simultaneous SMTP connections to your machine to cause exim to refuse
connections (i.e. more than 20)?

> I get no errors in messages file.

Then the problem is almost certainly a simple case of too many
simultaneous connections. See the Exim User's Guide for descriptions of
the smtp_accept_max.

Ciao,
Sheldon.