Re: [EXIM] exim dying

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: me
CC: EXIM users list
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] exim dying

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:06:11 +0100, me wrote:

> Exim just dies, and when you try to connect to port 215, it just says
> too many smtp connections.

The messages you get about too many smtp connections indicate that your
Exim daemon isn't dying. Possibly its children are dying. You probably
need to show us exactly what messages you see that indicate exim's
children are dying (perhaps a "can't fork" message in /etc/messages?).

It also wouldn't hurt to let us know what operating system you're using,
since it might have something to do with resource limits.

I'm willing to hazard a guess and say that exim isn't dying at all, but
that it's simply following instructions by limiting the number of smtp
connections it'll manage at any given time. What do you get when you do
this:

    exim -bP |grep smtp_accept_max

Ciao,
Sheldon.