Re: [EXIM] Wrong sender address.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jens K. Olsen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Wrong sender address.
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Jens K. Olsen wrote:

> I have a machine on my companys intranet which I want to use as a
> mailing list server. I have intalled exim and it is working OK. I can
> send mail to everyone in my company from the machine, and I can receive
> mail from every one in the company.
>
> There is one problem though. The mail sent from the machine has the
> sender address jolsen@??? instead of jolsen@???. This
> means that is the receiver does a reply-to-sender, the e-mail will not
> go to the right machine, but to my personal mailbox, which happens to be
> jolsen@???.

You haven't really supplied enough detail. What is the setting of
qualify_domain on the machine? Is it xxx.com? If so, you need to change
it. How is the mail sent through the machine? What do the MUAs that send
it set up as the sender address? Have you got any rewriting rules
defined? What do the log lines look like? By "sender address" do you
mean the envelope sender or the From: or Sender: header line?