Re: [EXIM] Problems after install.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Hugh Sasse
CC: EXIM users list
Neue Treads: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user., Re: [EXIM] Problems after install. -- Fixed
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Problems after install.
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> Having tested my installation as much as I could I have installed it
> but today I have entries in the logfile like:
>
> 1999-06-21 09:08:15 10vt0A-0005Te-00 == ###@dmu.ac.uk D=userforward defer
> (-1): failed to open /home/###/.forward (userforward director): Permission
> denied (euid=0 egid=1)
>
> where ### is hiding the user's login name.
>
> This is because the user has his home directory NFS mounted from
> elsewhere.

... without root permission, apparently.

> I cannot see anything in the PS version of the manual about
> this, there is only one index entry for NFS, and that doesn't seem to
> explain what I need to set to fix this.

Index may be bad (noted for next edition), the the information is there,
under the "seteuid" option of the forwardfile director.

> What is the correct way to end SMTP sessions into exim? The other admin
> here was trying to expn (which I had not enabled), and in
> Sendmail 8.6.12/8.6.12 we could just type quit to end the session.

Eh? That works normally. Can you reproduce this?

> Should installing exim have any impact on ZPOP?

No.