Re: [EXIM] Optional Configurations

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Julian King
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] Optional Configurations
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Julian King wrote:

> In particular I want to set qualify_domain
> external to the main configuration. It appears that I cannot use a
> $lookup when setting that, it also seems that I cannot do the equivalent
> of #include to include things.

Item 55 on the Wish List is for an "include" facility. I'm afraid I
haven't got there yet.

Making options such as qualify_domain expanded strings starts to beg
questions about the order of things getting set up. I guess something
like

qualify_domain = ${lookup {$primary_hostname} ...
primary_hostname = something

could be handled by specifying that the expansion happened after all the
options had been read. But it would still be necessary to specify when
it was done. I would not want to expand it every time qualify_domain was
used, for example. That would complicate the code and waste time in the
common case of a fixed string.

> Oh, and a wishlist entry, qualify_domain, and preferably other variables
> can be set with a $lookup in the first part of the exim configuration
> file, perhaps by an equivalent to backticks in shell script ("`command`")?

Noted.