[EXIM] Problems after install.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Hugh Sasse
Aan: EXIM users list
Onderwerp: [EXIM] Problems after install.
Having tested my installation as much as I could I have installed it
but today I have entries in the logfile like:

1999-06-21 09:08:15 10vt0A-0005Te-00 == ###@dmu.ac.uk D=userforward defer
(-1): failed to open /home/###/.forward (userforward director): Permission
denied (euid=0 egid=1)

where ### is hiding the user's login name.

This is because the user has his home directory NFS mounted from
elsewhere. I cannot see anything in the PS version of the manual about
this, there is only one index entry for NFS, and that doesn't seem to
explain what I need to set to fix this.

(Note. i am not looking after the whole of dmu. only one group of machines
in it, but we have been instructed to rewrite the headers so outgoing
mail looks like 'user@???'.)

What is the correct way to end SMTP sessions into exim? The other admin
here was trying to expn (which I had not enabled), and in
Sendmail 8.6.12/8.6.12 we could just type quit to end the session.
Exim won't accept that and I could not find out how to stop it from the
book. I killed the window in the end.

Should installing exim have any impact on ZPOP? I would have thought
not, it uses a different port, etc. We often get complaints about the
POP service, but we have just had a whole rash of them.

    Thank you
    Hugh
    hgs@???