[EXIM] how can this happen?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: araqnid
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] how can this happen?

OK, these are the entries from grepping the mainlog for R= lines. I do
"exim -qqf" when I dial into demon to dequeue my mail.

1999-06-12 13:44:53 10smxP-00009L-00 => x@???
R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp
H=mx-rr.home.com [24.2.2.24]
C="250 FAA23495 Message accepted for delivery"
1999-06-12 13:44:59 10smxP-00009L-00 => x@???
R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp
H=master.debian.org [209.41.108.5]
C="250 ok 929191495 qp 14224"
1999-06-12 13:45:02 10smog-00008v-00 => y@???
R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp
H=master.debian.org [209.41.108.5]*
C="250 ok 929191498 qp 14228"
1999-06-12 13:45:09 10smog-00008v-00 => x@???
R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp
H=post.mail.demon.net [194.217.242.20]*
C="250 OK id=10sn9k-000E0u-0K"
1999-06-12 13:45:13 10shRj-0000Xh-00 => x@???
R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp
H=master.debian.org [209.41.108.5]*
C="250 ok 929191509 qp 14232"

Essentially, I don't see how the delivery log for x@???
makes sense.

I have two routers:

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp
fallback_hosts = "post.mail.demon.net"
pass_on_timeout

smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* post.mail.demon.net bydns_a"

So, I suppose the reason that lookuphost generated post.mail.demon.net
for lookuphost is the fallback_hosts option. And given the Exim-style
completion message, it did actually gent delivered to post. So why the
asterisk after the IP address? There have been no previous deliveries
to this host...

bash$ exim -bV
Exim version 2.11 #1 built 22-Apr-1999 23:09:42
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1999

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/      steve@???
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               araqnid@???