Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Abbott
CC: michael, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Tony Abbott wrote:

> sorry, guess I wasn't too clear there. I did mean if the query defers,
> if by that you mean 'server unreachable' or some similar temporary
> failure. You could then specify a second query that is identical except
> for the server name. I just think it would be better than creating
> extensions to an established URL syntax.

Michael is right in finding a problem here. A lookup such as

${lookup ldap {<url>}{true-string}{false-string}}

has no provision for handling defers. Inside drivers, action is usually
taken at a higher level. "Some lookup we are doing couldn't be
completed: better defer delivery" is what usually happens.