Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?

Author: michael
To: tabbott
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?
> sorry, guess I wasn't too clear there. I did mean if the query defers,
> if by that you mean 'server unreachable' or some similar temporary
> failure. You could then specify a second query that is identical except
> for the server name. I just think it would be better than creating
> extensions to an established URL syntax.

If I understood exim right, and please correct me if needed, then defer
caused by a lookup in e.g. a director will abort any mail processing.
No further lookups can be done, but processing will restart from the
beginning later.

Two queries would not solve my problem, because if the first returns
defer, the second would never be run. If the first returns fail, the
second would be tried, but I don't want that: If an email address does
not exist in the directory on the replica server, then there is little
use in looking it up on the master server.

Michael