Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?

Top Pagina
Auteur: michael
Aan: exim-users, steve
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?
> I'm perhaps a little confused here- ldap search types return one result
> only, ldapm return one or more. I think that in many cases where ldap
> lookups are performed, it's likely that it's only meaningful to get one
> result from a successful lookup. I may have got the wrong end of the stick
> here...

The searches both return as many results as there are, possibly restricted
by server-imposed limits, but ldap:// returns defer if there is more than
one and ldapm:// returns success for that case.

> Adding code to attempt to open multiple hosts when creating a new connection
> ought not to be too hard, provided that ldap_url_parse() doesn't choke on
> the syntax.

My patch always passes RFC compliant URLs to the LDAP API, because it is a
wrapper around the exim ldap lookup function.

Michael