Re: [EXIM] Exim for dialup use [was Why should I use Exim ov…

Author: Ben Smithurst
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim for dialup use [was Why should I use Exim over Qmai l?]
Vadim Vygonets wrote:

>> Set queue_smtp, so exim does the routing.
>
> This means that even when you are online and send mail from your
> local machine, the mail is not delivered immediately. Or am I
> wrong?

I think I mentioned this before, what I do is have a script
automatically edit the configuration file when I go on/off-line. (It
basically just (un)comments the hold_domains line. (I use hold_domains
rather than queue_remote so that mail for local machines is delivered
immediately.)) There could be a problem when the configuration file is
zero length, between ed(1) doing the open() with O_TRUNC and the write()
(it only does one big write), but it hasn't given me any problems
yet. I'll have to look for a way to fix that. Hmm...

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and