Re: [EXIM] Shorter timeout?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Lamb
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Shorter timeout?
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     I see this happen from time to time and I don't understand why.  For some
> reason a message which is sent out will get stuck.  If this person was in the
> middle of the list of recipients, everyone after him would be waiting for
> mail.  As it stands this is a mailing list that has 22 members (he's the
> 22nd).  The other 21 were delivered in under 30 seconds (nice for my 5K of
> bandwidth, eh?).  Is there anyway to reduce the timeout on these?  Is there a
> timeout?

(1) Timeouts for SMTP delivery are all defined in the smtp transport. The
defaults are in accordance with the recommendations in RFC 821.

(2) If you set remote_max_parallel greater than 1, then several remote
deliveries will take place simultaneously. If one gets delayed because
of a very slow connection, the others will still carry on.