Re: [EXIM] exim and MS Exchange

Author: James Fidell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] exim and MS Exchange
Quoting Marc Haber (Marc.Haber-lists@???):

> On one of my sites (call it mydomain.de), we are currenty using exim
> as MTA for the outside connections. The powers want Exchange for
> better collaboration functions (public folders being the first one of
> them).
>
> I refuse to let the exchange server talk directly with the Outside,
> the exim will stay to keep Exchange's harm off the net.
>
> We will continue to keep some users on the UNIX box, so exim will have
> to choose whether e-mail to somebody@??? should be delivered
> locally or forwarded to the exchange machine.
>
> This yields a lot of questions:
>
> Is it possible to have exim try to deliver to Exchange first and
> deliver locally if Exchange says "no such user"?

Or perhaps interrogate Exchange's LDAP server to see if the user is local
to that machine and make a delivery decision based upon that ?

I'm partially guessing here, I'm only just starting to look at this sort
of thing myself.

James.
--
 "Yield to temptation --             | Consultancy: james@???
  it may not pass your way again"    | http://www.cloud9.co.uk/james

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell