[EXIM] exim on FreeBSD box after 2 -> 3 upgrade

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] exim on FreeBSD box after 2 -> 3 upgrade
In case anyone else comes across this, I upgraded one of my 2.2.8 FreeBSD
boxes to 3.2 the other day and recompiled exim afterwards.

exim with perl support refused to build with linker errors:
perl.o: In function `xs_expand_string':
perl.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `PL_stack_sp'
perl.o(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `PL_markstack_ptr'
perl.o(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `PL_stack_base'

I tracked it down to trying to use the old a.out library from the old
perl5 (/usr/local/bin/perl was in my path first) rather then the new
system perl5 (/usr/bin/perl) which had new ELF libraries.

So, if you see this, just remove the old perl package and it will
compile happily ...

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???