Re: [EXIM] How do I get exim to work with imap??

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] How do I get exim to work with imap??
eximlist@??? said:
> exim delivers to /var/spool/mail/username, just like any other MTA.
> Both your IMAP and POP3 daemon should be reading the mail from there.
> There isnt really such a thing as an "IMAP" mailbox or an "POP3"
> mailbox.. there are the standard system mailboxes, MTAs deliver
> messages there, MUAs (including proxy-MUAs like POP3 and IMAP servers)
> read it from there..

The exception to this is sealed mail servers like Cyrus. However these
always provide POP as an alternative access mechanism. You just have
your local delivery set up appropriately to inject mail (with cyrus
using the deliver program).

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]